Many of the people in the legislature (at least in the house )are outspoken, and I appreciate that. When there is a free flow of ideas, thoughts, and feelings regardless of point of view people are more informed and the cream tends to rise. Things can get heated but I don’t mind that. I don’t take much personal, and at least someone who is outspoken has a point of view and is somewhat paying attention. At times I like to play devils advocate just to test someone’s theory or philosophy and to see how well thought out there argument is. Here is a copy of an e-mail I received from Chris Clem (one of the houses more outspoken members). Read at your own risk.
15 Ways to know if you are a Democrat in the Tennessee Legislature:
15. You define “capitalism” as selling your vote for $237,000.
John Wilder is your vision of new leadership for the Twenty-First Century.
13. You become incensed and blow your top if Rep. Clem comments that you are working against his bill.
You believe that the gender roles are artificial but being homosexual is natural.
You are against capital punishment but support abortion on demand.
You fundamentally believe that businesses oppress people, and that government creates prosperity.
You believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.
You believe that the only reason TennCare hasn’t worked is because the right people haven’t been in charge.
You want to prohibit an East Tennessee citizen from contributing $750,000 to various pro-life candidates, but are grateful that Phil Bredesen and Al Gore contributed a combined $4 million to elect democrats in Tennessee during the same time period.
Even though no democrat in either chamber has ever voted for a republican for leadership, you nevertheless complain that republicans are too partisan for not voting in greater numbers for democrats.
You are so certain that homosexuality is normal and a safe alternative lifestyle that you are willing to gamble children’s lives on your political beliefs.
You lampoon republicans for defending traditional values based upon deeply held religious convictions; yet, you quote scripture in defense of homosexuality, saving animals, killing human babies and stricter environmental laws.
3. You fight hard for the rights of convicted felons to vote. Most democrats may not be convicted felons, but most convicted felons are democrats.
2. You fear that the “West Tennessee Mafia” will soon lose its control of Leadership and be replaced by the “Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy” otherwise known as “Bunch, Casada, Davis and Dunn.”
1. The new face of the Democrat Party: “Gay Adoptions, Abortion, John Ford and Jimmy Naifeh.” It makes you long for the days of Governor Ray Blanton and selling pardons.