If the dollar has little value, then donate a few.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Farr looses it

Regan Farr is acting a little off. Possibly, the pressure is getting to him.

The constant screw ups, special treatment of some tobacco distributors being exposed in the news, the repeated legal failing of the crack tax, stupid comments on the house floor about legislators, being compared across the nation to the Gestapo for his cigarette border control plan, and the list goes on and on.

I was out working this morning when at 9:01 (Nashville time) I received a call. It was Farr. I will try to recite this as best I can. Farr, to be kind, was not happy about my latest post He was practically yelling over the phone, demanding that I take it down immediately.

Not a good tactic to take with me. I seldom, if ever, take down a post. If there is an error I will try to correct it or admit a mistake, but I don't like to take things down. Farr wanted me to go home and take it down any way. I let him know that I had a real job and would be out working until later in the evening and I would look into any it then if there was an issue.

He started to rant about the evils of my blog and how he was always having to call me about errors I make on it (this is probably the third or fourth call I have gotten from him) One of the calls was when I talked about the tank of propane gas tax increase. Farr complained it was not a tax increase, it was closing a loophole. The same issue for a tax increase on timeshare owners, another on how I said the crack tax was a joke and would have serious issues and now this (So far I have been proven correct on all counts.)

I told him if he didn't like it that he should stop reading it. I will repeat it again because I know Reagan does not listen to advice and is probably reading now.

REGAN STOP READING THIS BLOG!!! IT IS NOT FOR YOU!!!!

I know he must be one of my top readers because I usual get a call from him within minutes of posting anything about him. That is not an exaggeration, within minutes.

I asked him why he cares what I say. He has made it quite clear on the house floor what he thinks of legislators. I let him know I had and still do have some questions about the legality and constitutionality of his purposed actions.

Farr shot back "I am a lawyer!" I did not remind him that in almost all court battles throughout time (when a decision is rendered) half the lawyers are proven wrong.

I sort of chuckled and said I think I would still like to see a legal opinion from the AG. He said he got an opinion from the AG (attorney general) and he backs him up.

I don't want to say he is lying but I was speaking to Rep. Susan Lynn this evening and she said she actually ran into the AG yesterday afternoon and started to ask him questions about what Farr was doing and the AG said no one from the administration has contacted him on the issue at all. An AGs opinion, especially on complex issues, usually takes some time to formulate.

Draw your own conclusions.

He started to rant and ramble more but I was working so I ended up having to say goodbye and hung up the phone on him.

If you want to hear a short audio clip of what was said you can go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are the rules for comments. Know them. Live them.

http://lastcar.blogspot.com/2011/04/rules-for-comments.html?m=1