If the dollar has little value, then donate a few.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Come back to the tent revival

Kent Williams has decided by his inaction that he does not want to be a part of the big tent Republican party. That is sort of sad. The opportunity was out there and people wanted to usher him back in, but no party, idea, goal or ideal can force a person to go where he does not want to go.

In a way politics is like religion in that regard. When you talk to Joe or Jane Doe on the street, about 95% will say "Yes, Most definitely I want to go to heaven" but when you open up the bible or about any book of any religion and say "Well, by our religion, these are the basic goals and steps you will want to take to try and get there" Some people cover there ears, close their eyes shake their head and scream "I just want to go to heaven but I don't want to change to get there!".

That is there right. But when judgement time comes around don't cry and say "But they wouldn't let me in! I didn't know what to do or I would have done it. Let me in. Let me in!"

Be an adult. Step up to the plate and say "I knew. I didn't even try to do it. I knew what would happen. Do what you will."

1 comment:

  1. So with the GOP, is it a salvation by works, not by faith, so every man can boast?

    ReplyDelete

Here are the rules for comments. Know them. Live them.

http://lastcar.blogspot.com/2011/04/rules-for-comments.html?m=1