If the dollar has little value, then donate a few.

Monday, February 01, 2010

$30K for bottled water

I just got the fiscal note back. It said the state alone spends $30,000.00 for bottled water a year. I don't think locals were added into that number.

I have gotten more negative comments and threats (tward the bill) about that one idea from fellow legislators then I have any other bill I have offered in all my years.

The way I look at it 30K is one more social worker to investigate a child abuse case that is currently not being investigated. The state currently does not investigate a large number of child abuse complaints. They don't have the staff. Possibly I should amend the bill to direct the money there.

It is all about choices.

1 comment:

  1. Ban any use of state funds to purchase bottled water. This should unite fiscal conservatives and the environmentalist. I work in the non-profit sector and see bottle water everywhere at meetings. Use the water fountain! Also, this sets a poor example for low-income people who do not need to purchase bottled water. It sends the message that something is wrong with tap water.

    ReplyDelete

Here are the rules for comments. Know them. Live them.

http://lastcar.blogspot.com/2011/04/rules-for-comments.html?m=1