If the dollar has little value, then donate a few.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

A little difference

I am up in upstate NY for my nieces high school graduation. I was visiting an old friend sitting on his front porch and a guy walked up to his door with a clip board. I knew right away what he was doing. He was collecting signatures to get on the ballot. As my friend signed his petition I asked a little about him and his race.

He was trying to get on the ballot in the Republican primary to become the county coroner. Now mind you we are not talking a big county. Population for the county is about 50,000. people. I asked him how many signatures he had to get to make it on the ballot.

He said 750 registered voters!

Just for reference it takes 25 signatures to run for governor in Tennessee with a population of over 6 million people.

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful that despite attempts to change it, we still have relative ease of ballot access here in Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete

Here are the rules for comments. Know them. Live them.

http://lastcar.blogspot.com/2011/04/rules-for-comments.html?m=1