Saturday, October 29, 2011

My new wheels

This has been my year of transportation issues. First, I blew up my straight 6 motor on my 65 Mustang so I decided to drop in a 302 motor and add new disk breaks (to make sure it stopped). Before I got that done my daily driver Honda cracked a head. It had over 250K on it so I was ready to move on. I needed a new ride.

Here it is.



Yep, I bought a toaster on wheels. A Mini bread truck. (A 2006 scion XB w/69K on it) For the longest time I wasn't sure if it was the ugliest vehicle on the road or sort of cool. I finally broke to cool. I like the fact that the seats can fold down so I can haul a bunch of stuff around in it. Low miles, pretty good headroom and it gets about 32 in the city. Factor in I got it for about 1/4 retail and I am rolling.

Now all I have left to finish is my summer time project. The "death ride".

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful car! Made by Toyota, this car should serve you well! Think of how much money you will save on gasoline!

    Happy and safe driving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No coal-powered Nissan Leaf?

    ReplyDelete

Here are the rules for comments. Know them. Live them.

http://lastcar.blogspot.com/2011/04/rules-for-comments.html?m=1