If the dollar has little value, then donate a few.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Are we blessed?

I have PLEANTY to be thankful for as do we all.

We are lucky to have a roof over our head and 4 walls to keep out the wind, We are lucky to live where one room per family is not considered the norm. That we live where "clean water" does not mean a trip to the nearest river, where a job is a real possibility not just a dream of earning a dollar a day, where shoes on your feet are not considered a luxury, Where we throw away cloths when they fall out of fashion or get holes in them, where you are not considered rich just because you can achieve a daily meal and where even the poor people are fat, where access to education can be achieved by all, where we are not imprisoned for our support of our political leaders, where we have so much stuff we need extra buildings to store it all in, where we have so much food we throw it away when it goes bad from sitting too long, where we can travel or move to another city or state without approval from government. That we have freedom, access and ability to use computers, to seek information, to talk politics, to spread religious material to communicate with family and friends that love and care for us with out fear for our lives or freedom.

Yes, I count my blessings every day and am thankful every step of the way.

2 comments:

  1. Stacey, I've been sitting here, on such a beautiful day, with the sunlight streaming in, my tummy full of the warm Thanksgiving meal, feeling so thankful for what the Lord has given me and for all He has saved me from.

    Then I read your post, bringing to mind so very many things we are blessed with, that I had not thought of, and now I've got tears in my eyes, and I'm feeling so unworthy of all the Lord has blessed us with...thanks for your beautiful Thanksgiving reminder!

    Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "where we can travel or move to another city or state without approval from government."

    Last time I checked, I need a license (which has turned into a biometric ID card) to get in my car to go anywhere and have to agree to be grouped or scanned by TSA thugs before boarding an airplane. That leaves travel by horse, foot or bike. In miserable weather it could take weeks for me to go see my family in Kentucky, by horse, foot or bicycle.

    It's a good time to remember that freedom comes from God, not Government and I give thanks to God Almighty and hope that Divine Providence strikes down the police state that America is turning into.

    http://www.bcpublicrecord.com/?p=1603

    ReplyDelete

Here are the rules for comments. Know them. Live them.

http://lastcar.blogspot.com/2011/04/rules-for-comments.html?m=1