Let me start by saying I missed the first few minutes so it could have all happened then and I missed it. But here is my ranking for tonight's debate.
1. Rick Santorum- sounded knowledgeable on a wide range of issues but still had the look of pain throughout. Please, really, Someone show him how to smile without looking like he just smelled a dead animal in the road.
2. Newt Gingrich- Best lines of the night but was limited for time and on topics. I loved his comments on the Obama war on religion but I think there needs to be a drinking game for the word "Fundamental".
3. Ron Paul- Looked like that cranky old man I predicted he would but looked better when talking economic policy. His false attacks are starting to be called out. He looks more like a smear machine for Romney then a person who wants to show why he is best.
4. John Huntsman- Fourth by not screwing up big and he had a few ideas. Talking Chinese looked pompous but I am sure he locked up the key block of New Hampshire Mandarin Chinese Republicans vote.
5. Mitt Romney- No screw ups but talked in fluff all night. Probably did not lose much but showed and told me nothing.
6. Perry- Saying he would go back to Iraq ended it for him. He is done and I think he knows it.
7. ABC news- Slow, terrible, goofy questions by George Steponopopolopolis. Where did that banning birth control question come from? Come on! Let it go! Diane Sawyer looked and sounded like she had 3 or 4 glasses of wine before showing up and was ready to go to sleep. Overall I thought it was a boring sleeper of a debate myself so I can't really blame her.