Just some stuff I pulled down from one of the links on grade 6-8 sex education in Tennessee.
6.1 identify family influences in the development of personal values and
beliefs and how they will affect future decisions;
6.2 analyze changing roles and responsibilities (physically, socially and emotionally) throughout the life cycle as individuals and members of families;
6.3 evaluate the influence of attitudes, emotions, and behaviors on healthy family relationships.
At Level 1, the student will be able to:
• describe family structures, roles, and how they may change;• understand that character is developed within the family structure (e.g.,
two parent, single parent, blended, extended, foster and adoptive
• understand how changes in family structure can impact emotional, social
and physical well-being.
At Level 2, the student will be able to:
• identify how family values impact gender discrimination, harassment, and
various types of abuse
At Level 3, the student will be able to:
• explain roles and influences on personality development;
• identify the signs of abuse (emotional and physical abuse);
... Have students explain the roles and responsibilities of family members;
• have students write an essay about a family’s personal values and
influences as they relate to personal choices and behaviors;
• lead a group discussion evaluating the family relationships of a television
• discuss expectations and stereotypes about the opposite sex;