If the dollar has little value, then donate a few.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm catching that ball. Now the fiddle....

Yesterday as session was winding down The Lt. Governor alerted us to the fact that one of the Dallas Cowboy all time great quarterbacks Roger Staubach was in the back of the chamber watching things go down. I called my assistant and had him go into my office desk where I have had a football waiting for over 2 years. When Jim Brown came to the capitol a few years back I thought it would be neat to have a football to get autographed should famous football players drop by. I picked 2 up. My assistant brought them up to the capitol and Roger happily signed them. I gave one to the Lt. Governor who said Roger was one of his all time heroes and I got the other one signed for a constituent who is a huge Cowboys fan. As Roger was signing them, he asked if we would like to catch a pass. The Lt Governor said sure and he tossed the ball about 10 feet to him. But for me he wanted to go out in the hall and pass it a little deeper. I was game so we went out in the hall. I went about 10 yards and figured that would be good but Roger said "Go deeper!" I went back about another 10 yards but Roger said "No, Go deeper" So I went back about another 10 yards. By this time everyone was out in the hall watching. I thought to myself. I don't care what happens. I am catching this ball. No way am I dropping it in front of all these people. The pressure was on. Roger threw a straight tight spiral right to my hands. It zipped in perfect and I caught it. That was cool. As I was walking down the hall after session the Lt. Governor informed me country music legend Charlie Daniels would be in the capitol today. Anybody got a fiddle?

1 comment:

  1. HOW VERY GENEROUS OF YOU, STACEY, TO GIVE THOSE AUTOGRAPHED FOOTBALLS TO OTHERS!

    MOST PEOPLE WOULD HAVE KEPT THEM FOR THEMSELVES!

    EVERYONE THERE KNEW YOU WOULD CATCH THE FOOTBALL! YOU'RE A WINNER, IN MANY WAYS, SIR!

    ReplyDelete

Here are the rules for comments. Know them. Live them.

http://lastcar.blogspot.com/2011/04/rules-for-comments.html?m=1