Thursday, January 10, 2013

Frustrating


It's frustrating to me when I repeat to a reporter over and over that my legislation only allows teachers with SRO training the option of being armed if the school refuses to pay a for a SRO (safety resource officer) and the school refuses to take responsibility for the students safety.  That no one is mandated that they take a course, they are not mandated to carry, nor are they mandated to confront any situation if they did so chose to take the courses and carry.

 And still the headline reads  

"Lawmakers mull mandating armed teachers  bills"

3 comments:

  1. Granted there is a huge difference
    Sounds like someone wants to slant public opinion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be able to carry during my duties as a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rep. Does your bill only apply to teachers or are adult staff with carry permits includded. I don't know that I would carry, but I would like to have the option.

    ReplyDelete

Here are the rules for comments. Know them. Live them.

http://lastcar.blogspot.com/2011/04/rules-for-comments.html?m=1