If the dollar has little value, then donate a few.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Seriously??

Yesterday I went to the city county building to do a little paperwork.  As most people know my real profession is real estate. Several times I end up going back to my roots and doing some form of repair or carpentry.

Anyway, when I went through the metal detectors I emptied my pockets and one of the things I had in my pocket by chance was a small 10 foot plastic tape measure. The guard said she had to confiscated it until I left the building.

While I don't expect any special treatment because of my title I thought it was ridiculous. I said "Seriously?? What am I going to do? Measure someone to death with it?"

The guard told me I could sharpen the little nub at the end of the tape and cut someone with it. The nub is about half the size of my pinkey finger nail. I thought about saying how I was more likely to give someone a nasty paper cut by extending it out and letting it snap back, but I held my tounge.

Luckily, I didnt have a 15 footer. I would probably be on some terrorist watch list  by now.

I rolled my eyes and signed the envelope so I could get the tape measure back as I left. I might need it. It's a tape measure crazed world and when all the legal tape measures are finally confiscated only criminals will have tape measures. Till then I will just live my life on the edge with my secret weapon, the dreaded, deadly 10 foot plastic tape measure!


2 comments:

  1. You must check your standards at the door prior to entering a government building - didn't you know that?

    Scott B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you have to be disarmed to enter a government building? It's an infringement. About the only places I can see being disarmed is in courtrooms and in jails/prisons.

    ReplyDelete

Here are the rules for comments. Know them. Live them.

http://lastcar.blogspot.com/2011/04/rules-for-comments.html?m=1